Powered by Blogger.
RSS
Container Icon

Half way through confinement period

So I edy half way pass my confinement month. Just few rants and thoughts and comment on this. I really hope those ppl who had no ' common sense ' can understand .

The first month after delivery is call confinement period !!

It's the time for mother to REST and oso bond with the baby - NOT to entertain all the guest and whoever relatives who are over concern and wanna come visit the baby. It's common sense right, if u go to visit the baby EVERY SINGLE day , how can the mother and baby rest? 

My baby is now Day 18, but I NEVER had a day which I can really REST and spend time with my baby , because so many ppl keep coming over my house. When these ppl came to my house, they will stay for so long, and even if the baby is sleeping , they wanna bring the baby out to 'play'. HELLO!!! My baby is a human being , she is NOT a Toy ok. Just because of their selfish act, sometime, when my baby almost wanna sleep, these ppl come n disturb baby, they will said 'oh, baby wanna sleep edy', then they still keep teasing the baby, said something like 'baby, open ur eyes, ur XX come n see u lo', 'baby, can u hear me', 'baby u r so cute, b a good girl ya'... Very INCONSIDERATE right ?! Just imagine, if I know u almost want to sleep edy , but I still teasing u, talking to u, don't let u to sleep, what will u feel?!

The first week worst, everyone came, then keep bring my baby downstairs, say wanna see baby, but I see that as a form of DISTURBING baby sleep. I don't understand, can't these ppl just leave me n the baby alone , at least for the first month, let us rest, let my baby establish some normal routine. It's so obvious that when so many ppl around, how can I breastfeed my baby ? Then I pump out breast milk, but when ppl come and 'play' with the baby, if my baby needs feeding, then they will said' ok, let's feed the baby with the breast milk in fridge '. Oh yeah, we memang feed the baby these way, but can't they just consider my feeling when saying this in front of me . Usually if I'm alone with the baby, when baby wanna feed, I'll feed the baby first, then only ask my confinement lady warm the stored breastmilk and continue feed her with bottled breast milk. But once so many ppl is around, I can't just told them, 'can u guys just go back now and let me breastfeed my baby'... I don't understand, really don't understand why some ppl just so lack of Common sense!!!

Second weeks onwards I decided to b cruel and nasty abit, I told those ppl who visit Do not bring my baby to downstair! Yeah I remind my husband so many time about this until he felt annoyed. But yeah , after that, ppl start giving me n my baby some space . I felt glad i manage to reduce the disturbance to my baby by setting that nasty rule. 

Oso, when those ppl come, I need to answer to their weird questions, over and over again. ESP my baby got jaundice for a long period, I'm already very very tire bringing her to hospital/KK to for check up and follow up. And I'm quite sure it's due to breast milk jaundice and I know the jaundice will resolve as time goes. Then here come many 'Smart' and 'experience' relatives, who likes to give lots of different advices. I'm someone who don't like to argue back, so will just smile to them even in my heart I deeply disagree with them. But I'm very tire of answering ppl's question, and listening to those negative comments given by those '38' aunties....

Then when I mention about breastmilk jaundice, someone told me, why not u no need give breastmilk edy, just give powder milk. This really makes me feel hurt and shameful. Really, when a mother decides to breastfeed the baby, and work hard to pump every 3 hours in a day, and research and try all sorts of ways just to increase her breastmilk so that her baby can get the best nutrition, how can someone just said this type of thing to the mother? I really really hurt after hearing that. Seriously, if u leave me and the baby alone, I think prob my baby and I will b fine, she prob won't have prolonged jaundice. If those 'concerned' relative leave me and my baby alone , don't come my house so often, I think prob my baby will b healthy today....

But, today, my baby admitted to hospital because of prolonged jaundice due to UTI. Yeah, when so many ppl keep come to my house, how can I take care of my baby well? Sigh . I know I shouldn't simply put the blame to others, but I felt really really sad cause my baby needs to b subject to intravenous antibiotic. She is just 18 days old. 

Anyway, yeah , because my baby is in hospital nursery , where the parents are not allowed to room in, so I'm back home , alone, without my baby. I miss my baby. Thinking on positive way, prob it's good as well cause the nursery don't allow visitor other than parents. So my baby finally can b feed and rest well there, without disturbed by others ... 

Dear Beatrice baby, mummy pray that u will recover soon. Mummy wants to bring u home as soon as possible, but mummy hope u can b feed and rest more in nursery without disturbance, so we will pray that you can b discharged as soon as you are completely recovered.

Till then. 

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment