Powered by Blogger.
RSS
Container Icon

Learning to Bake - Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cake

Oh well, I admit I'm not a Kitchen person. My husband knows very well that his wife cannot cook one. However, since I had a nice well equipped kitchen at home, I decided to learn baking.


For healthy purpose, I chose to bake oatmeal chocolate chip cake...

Got this recipe from here

材料:
1 杯老人燕麦
1 1/4杯热水
1/2 杯butter (一条)(室温)
1 杯红糖(也可用castor sugar)
2只鸡蛋
1 1/2 杯自发面粉 (或者用1 1/2杯的all-purpose flour 加 1 tsp的baking soda)
1 tsp 豆蔻粉 (ground nutmeg)或肉桂粉(Cinnamon powder)
1/2 tsp 盐


These are the ingredients I used.

- 2x eggs 
- 1/4 butter
- brown sugar / castor sugar
- self-raising flour
- quick oats
- chocolate chips

I didnt use the salt and cinnamon powder. Bought the flour and castor sugar from bakery ingredient shop. Other ingredient from Jusco and Econsave.

The steps given from the recie:

先把燕麦加入热水泡大约20分钟。'

把红糖和butter搅拌匀,然后鸡蛋先下一只,搅拌至奶油状,然后再下另一只,也搅拌至奶油状。

然后下豆蔻粉和盐,把面粉筛过,搅拌至有点蓬发的状态。倒入刚刚泡好的燕麦,再中速搅拌至顺滑就好了。

这个时候把烤箱预热至350 F (175 C)。

倒入一个抹上油的烤盘里,入烤箱烤 35-40分钟,至表面金黄色就可以了。

蛋糕表面和边边有点Chewy。


Here's my version...

First, pour the oats into a small bowl and mixed with boiled water - for about 20 minutes.

Second, mix the castor sugar and butter. Stir well. If u have an electric mixer, it will b much easier. I only have a small electronic whisk which I bought from Daiso. So it took me a long time to stir the mixture...
Until i give up and use the spoon to stir instead....

Third, add one egg in. Stir well, then add in the second egg.
See my small littler electronic whisk. Ok at least it run on battery so I no need to keep turning my wrist to stir the mixture. 

After 10 minutes of stirring....

Fourth, add in the oats and continue stirring. This time I use a big spoon to stir cause my whisk is too small and the mixture keep stuck on it. 

Fifth, add in the chocolate chips. Stir well. 

Sixth, grease the baking pan with some butter, so that the cakes won't stick on the pan. Oh this pan can b bought in bakery ingredient shop as well, RM 0.55 each.

Finally, pour the mixture into the greased bakery pans. Preheat the Oven to ~180 C, then bake for 40-45 minutes.

Ta-Da .... This the end product ! Please forgive the cracks on the surface. It's due to unevently stirred mixture.

Wao, I'm so happy for the first successful cake baking!

Thanks Nick my dear hubby for finish all the cakes. I love the chewy feel of this cake, although it's abit plain but it taste healthy!

Till then.



  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

1 comments:

Post a Comment