Powered by Blogger.
RSS
Container Icon

About the job

People may have different perception on the job of a Doctor.


This morning , while in the mist of busy clinic , one patient came back for TCA ( a short form for To Come Again ), actually just a normal mild pneumonia case , but cause this patient so worried for the cough , so came clinic few days after consultation complaining his condition not getting better. Upon questioning , I notice he is not taking certain medication properly. He was prescribed antibiotic n prednisolone, but he didn't take, so I told him, his condition not going to get better if he didn't take that ubat magic prednisolone ... But cause i edy see him the second time with serious coughing n creps on lung, so I gave him TCA 2 weeks to review .

He came back today , healthy , no cough, not weak, not depress / ill-looking, carrying a bag seem like going to work, then he happily told me, he had recovered , and keep saying thanks to me. Yea, I happily discharge him of course . But deep inside my heart , I really appreciate this patient for coming for TCA. Cause I felt satisfy , and happy. 

Being a doctor , is really not about how much we earn , how famous are we, or how high our ranking in the service, it's about the satisfaction .

My ex housemate / uni mate / good friend share this before, and I think it's worth sharing here ...

Must Read -
Somebody asked: "You're a Doctor? 
How much do you make?"

I replied: "HOW MUCH DO I MAKE?" ...

I can make holding your hand seem like the most important thing in the world when you're scared...

I can make your child breathe when they stop...

I can help your father survive a heart attack... 

I can make myself get up at 4AM to make sure your mother has the medicine she needs to live... 
and I will work straight through until 4am to keep her alive and start the day all over again! 

I work all day to save the lives of strangers...

I will drop everything and run a code blue for hours trying to keep you alive!!!

I make my family wait for dinner until...  
I know your family member is taken care of...

I make myself skip lunch so that... 
I can make sure that everything I did for your brother today was correct... 

I work weekends and holidays and all through the night because people don't just get sick Monday through Saturday and during normal working hours.

Today, I might save your life...

How much do I make?...

All I know is, I make a difference.....

Share it doctor !!!!

WE CARE, NOT JUST CURE !!!!!

Yea. That's true, the satisfaction is the key of survival in this field. And yes, I'm proud that to b in this noble profession. I do hope this profession will keep up to the standard and not being contaminated by the rotten apple . 

Till then . 

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment